Saturday, August 4, 2007

We have...arrived...

So we made it. We're here (as you can see from my previous posts). When we got the apartment, the woman asked us if having an elevator mattered, and me, being the person I am, quickly said "Nah, we should be fine." This has turned out to be the single worst statement that I have made in this moving process. We are on the third floor. Not just small flights of stairs either...LONG, LONG flights of stairs, 13 stairs on to the second floor, 18 to the third. We have made so many trips up the stairs that I cannot believe I can actually stand. Yesterday, we said that we were going to carry minimal things up the stairs for now on and just pay to have things delivered.

The cable guy came today. He was soooo nice. He told us about a discount furniture place that we went and checked out. Turned out, we got an amazing bedroom set. How exciting! And it's not the cheap Ikea stuff. It's actually real furniture. And a real bed frame! We have never had one before...one with a headboard and foot board. Super exciting stuff! Now we are going to wait until our stuff comes and then figure out what else we need for storage, etc. It's nice to be a bit more settled, but I'm not going to stop worrying until we actually get our stuff delivered! Still waiting to hear from the movers on an ETA, so hopefully we will hear from them soonish!

I'm so glad that I have Niko to move here with. We've been getting along really well (just a few minor tiffs - but you would have them too if you were stuck with someone for 24-7 for more than a week). I think that this move was a positive one and I'm really excited to start my new job and all that fun stuff.

OOOH, we did have our Dunkin Donuts and also some Chinese food. Hopefully, I got most of the junk food cravings out of my system so I can go back on my diet again. Argh! Having said that, the chicken fingers, duck sauce and BBQ Boneless Spareribs were frakkin' delicious. There is nothing like Chinese food in New England. It's soooooo- good and sooooo- bad for your health. I've just been away from it for so long, I just can't believe how good it is! Okay, enough about food. I have to go back on my diet....or else!!!

Anyway...here are a few more pics from our trip. Lots of corn and cows and cats!




No comments: